TOYOTA D-4D DIESEL ENGINE CONVERSION KITS
Diesel Toys Australia is the only company manufacturing a range of engine conversion kits to assist you in swapping the Toyota D-4D engines into various vehicles. As with all modern day engines the wiring is the most confusing and problematic part of any conversion. Many will not even consider modern engines as a swap for fear of the electronic control systems. Seeing this as a problem, we are now bringing common rail diesel engine conversions to the modern age by now offering complete engine wiring harness solutions. Whether it’s the 4 cylinder 1KD-FTV or the incredible V8 1VD-FTV engine we can help make your dreams come true.
Please see below for current and upcoming kits. If you have a conversion underway or just a dream of swapping one of Toyota’s famous D-4D engines into your vehicle then please contact us for more information on how we can help you.
1KD-FTV into 40 Series Landcruiser
Looking for the absolute best suited modern diesel engine swap into your 40 series Landcruiser?
Our kits are specifically designed to allow ease of fitment when converting the 1KD-FTV engine into the 40 series chassis. This kit is suitable for all short, mid and long wheelbase 40 series so whichever model you have our kit will assist you with fitment. Our custom kits includes CAD designed engine chassis mounts, gearbox crossmember, throttle pedal adapter bracket and a modified wiring harness, simplified to allow easy installation for anyone with only a basic knowledge of vehicle electrics. We can supply versions to suit either 5 speed manual or 4 speed automatic transmissions.
- CAD designed and CNC manufactured engine, transmission and throttle pedal mounting. Some welding required.
- CAD designed and ultrasonically welded to OEM standards custom wiring harness incorporating OBDII port for full engine diagnostics, Check Engine Light wire, Glow Plug Light wire and outputs for dash cluster lights and gauges. New fuse block and relays incorporated where required. Some soldering required.
- Removal of the 1KD-FTV immobilizer system. No requirement for the use of transponder keys. Original vehicles ignition can be retained. This process was pioneered by us and is not offered anywhere else. This service alone costs $550
- Designed around the KUN26 Hilux as a donor from 2008-2015 with manual transmission and transfer from the HZJ78/79 Landcruiser to adapt to the 40 series offset differentials.
- 4 speed automatic option also available.
- Upgraded kits will be offered including digital dash, ECU remapping and extra conversion kit components if the customer is not able to source their own or just wants the ease of supply.
Note: This kit ONLY provides mounting of the engine and transmission along with a customized wiring harness that will allow the engine to be started in the vehicle once connected. All other external components and systems such as fuel, cooling, drive-train etc will need to be finished off at the customer’s discretion. This allows full flexibility for the end user as to how they wish to finish off their conversion.
Customer Requirements: Wiring harnesses are sold on exchange. We do require you to send us your Hilux engine wiring harnesses along with the Hilux ECU to have the immobilizer deleted.
– Manual transmission $4990
– Automatic Transmission $5490
- Performance ECU tune to your requirements $550 (normally $695)
- Extra brand new genuine Toyota components to help with the conversion including Hilux gearbox input shaft, gearbox mount and oil sump with pickup for increased clearance. $1500
- Aftermarket Dakota Digital instrument cluster also available $POA
To purchase this kit or for further information please contact us
40 Series Mounting Kit
1KD-FTV into FJ CRUISER
We all know Toyota would have sold many more FJ Cruisers if they had offered a diesel engine option from factory. If you are one of those that wished their vehicle was diesel or passed on purchasing one due to the petrol only option then we have the solution. Our conversion kits are custom designed to swap the 1KD-FTV common rail diesel into the 2010-2016 FJ Cruiser offered here in Australia.
This kit includes a fully bolt in mounting kit along with a custom re-manufactured wiring harness to make installation as easy as possible for the end user. With no welding necessary and requiring only a basic knowledge of vehicle electrics we make it as easy as possible for anyone to swap in the 1KD-FTV diesel engine.
- CAD designed and CNC manufactured bolt on engine, and transmission mounting.
- CAD designed and ultrasonically welded to OEM standards wiring harness, fully customized to allow a mostly plug and play system fully integrated into the FJ Cruiser wiring.
- Removal of the 1KD-FTV immobilizer system. No requirement for the use of new transponder keys. Original vehicles ignition can be retained. Pioneered by and only offered by Diesel Toys Australia.
- Designed around the KDJ150 Prado as a donor from 2010-2016 with automatic transmission.
- Systems such as OBD, ABS, ESC and Cruise Control are retained.
Note: This kit ONLY provides mounting of the engine and transmission along with a customized wiring harness that will allow the engine to be started in the vehicle once connected. All other external components and systems such as fuel, cooling, exhaust, drive-train etc will need to be completed at the customer’s discretion. This allows full flexibility for the end user as to how they wish to finish off their conversion.
Customer Requirements: Wiring harnesses are sold on exchange. We do require you to send us both your Prado and FJ Cruiser engine wiring harnesses along with the Prado ECU to have the immobilizer deleted.
Price – $5990
Options – Performance ECU tune to your requirements $550 (normally $695)
To purchase this kit or for further information please contact us
Twin Turbo 1VD-FTV and 6 speed auto into 80/105 Series Landcruiser – NOW IN DEVELOPMENT
Punching out 200kw and 650Nm in standard trim the twin turbo 1VD-FTV is the best option for a modern diesel swap. We are currently in development of a conversion kit to install the 200 series 1VD-FTV twin turbo V8 diesel engine into the 80 and 105 series chassis. This will include custom engine and transmission mounting, modified wiring harness for easy installation along with a custom billet adapter kit to mount your transfer case to the 6 speed auto from the 200 series. 5 speed manual option also available.
If you have any interest in such a kit please contact us with any questions.
Have an idea for a diesel engine conversion kit?
If you wish to see a conversion kit using either the 1KD-FTV or 1VD-FTV engines then please let us know. If we get enough interest in specific kits we will look to develop them in the future. Send us an email with your ideas.